Journalists can apply for this visa which is valid for Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi.
You can apply for two types of visas online :
First Time (New) : You can apply for a new visa if you do not possess a valid Pakistan visa.
Extension : You can apply for a visa extension if you posses a valid Pakistan visa and you are residing in Pakistan.
- All Journalists are eligible to apply subject to approval.
- Consultation Feedback is required from Press Attaches and Link Offices of the respective media houses.
- Letter from Media Agency/Organization
- Recommendation from Ministry of information and broadcasting/Press Attaché/Pak Mission Abroad.
- You are required to upload proof of legal residence, in case you are not present in your home country and are applying for visa from a third country, it’s a mandatory requirement! The document can be uploaded in the supporting document type: Other
- In Case of Extension– Please upload proof of Valid Pakistani Visa for which you are seeking Extension and Entry Stamp on your Passport in the supporting document type: Other
Duration and Validity
For Accredited and Pakistan-based Media Houses:
Visa valid for the entire tenure of the assignment subject to approval.
For non Pakistan-based journalists:
Visa valid for 3 months or more, subject to approval.
- Entry for Accredited /Based (Short Term/Long Term) : 7-10 Days (Working Days)
- Entry For non Pakistan-based journalists – Individuals and Family (Up to 3 Months) : 7-10 Days (Working Days)
- Entry For non Pakistan-based journalists – Individuals and Family (Greater than 3 Months) : 4 Weeks (Working Days)
- Extension – Individual/Family : 4 Weeks (Working Days)
- 37 Days (Working Days – First Time Entry/Extension for Afghanistan Passport Holders)
The Application will stand cancelled if applicant doesn’t resubmit his/her application in Seven (7) days from the date of application sent for review.