Here is important terms listed below.
- Applicant: The applicant is the person (or persons) applying for Pakistan Online Visa.
- Business Visa List: This is a list of business friendly countries identified by Government of Pakistan. See > Business Friendly Countries List
- CNIC: Pakistan’s Computerized National Identity Card.
- Complete application: An application that provides all information necessary for Visa Application processing, including all necessary supporting documents.
- Dependent children: A child or stepchild, who has not turned 18 years of age, or, if aged 18 years or over, is a dependent. A dependent child must not have a partner or be engaged to be married.
- Dual nationality: It is a person’s citizenship status, in which a person is concurrently regarded as a citizen of more than one state.
- Deeni Madarris: educational institution, for Islamic studies
- DCO: District Coordination Officer
- DGIP: Directorate General of Immigration and Passport
- Extension: You can extend your stay by applying for extension of relevant visa category.
- FIA: Federal Investigation Agency
- Housemaid: Domestic servant
- Immediate family: Your partner and dependent children.
- INGO: The registered International non-governmental organization in Pakistan.
- Journalist: journalists, correspondents or reporters representing overseas news organizations.
- List of Prohibited areas: List of prohibited areas identified by Government of Pakistan. See >Prohibited areas
- Missionary: Person sent on a religious mission in Pakistan.
- NEGATIVE list. The list of names of foreigners or entities developed by Government of Pakistan to be avoided or distrusted.
- NGO: Non-Governmental Organization. A registered non-profit organization that operates independently of any government, one whose purpose is to address a social or political issue.
- NOC: No Objection Certificate, is a type of legal certificate issued by any agency, organization, and institute or, in certain cases, an individual.
- Period of Stay: A foreigner may enter to Pakistan at any time within the validity of the granted Visa. The period of stay will count from the date of his/her arrival. Stay will be governed by the residential permit issued by foreigner registration office at the time of his/her registration and not by date of issuance of Visa.
- Police Registration: All foreigners are exempted from registration with the Police except the nationals of following list; as well as such other foreign nationals who are directed by the immigration authorities to report to FRO for registration and a stamp is affixed to this effect, on their passports.
- Palestine Liberation Organization
However, nationals in the managerial category, who are issued Work Permit/Visa from these countries will be exempted from Police registration except Indians and foreigners of Indian origin.
- POC: Pakistan Origin Card. It’s the National Identity document issued to foreigners with Pakistan Origin
- Tourist Friendly Countries: List of countries defined by Government of Pakistan. See >Tourist Friendly Countries
- Transit Visa: a visa allowing its holder to pass through a country only, not to stay there.
- Tabligh: a religious gathering or congregation
- Visa: Permission to travel to, to enter and/or to remain in Pakistan for a period of time.
- Visa on Arrival: The visa that is provided on Arrival to Pakistan, through immigration counters in Pakistan or at Pakistani Borders.
- Visa Validity: The Validity of visa is the period during which it can be used. All visas are valid for entry into Pakistan for 6 Months from the date of issue and if the visa has not been utilized during this period, it would become invalid.