List of Prohibited Areas
Following Areas are prohibited for Indian Nationals in Pakistan
- A belt of 10 miles all along the Line of Control (LOC)
- Quetta, Sibi and Kalat Division excluding
- Quetta City
- Quetta Chaman Road
- Quetta-Ziarat Road including Ziarat
- Quetta-Zahidan Road
- Querra Zhob Jacobabad-Sukkur Road
- Zahidan-Quetta-(Loralai Dera Ghazi Khan Road)
- Industrial area of Hub-Chowki and Uthal in the District of Lesbela
Cantonments / Prohibited Areas
- Prohibited places falling in or out cantonments as defined in section 2(8) of Official Act, 1923
- Isolated cantonments such as Kharian, Gujranwala, Shorkot etc.
- Cantonments merging with civil areas such as Peshawar, Nowshera, Rawalpindi and Lahore etc. excluding the roads, market areas, civil areas, parks, hotels and airports etc.
- All important installations which have been specifically sign posted as prohibited areas.
- A belt of 10 miles all along the Line of Control
- A belt of 30 miles along the border with Wakhan Province of Afghanistan. Northern Areas except the portion of Karakoram Highway running through the area from Gircha to Bara Khun.
- Karakoram Highway (KKH)
- KKH from Thakot to Khunjerab Pass i.e. Pakistan-China border is now open for travel for foreigners. Movement of foreigners on either side of the road within the 30 miles specified above is prohibited and no cross country movement shall be allowed.
- Indo-Pakistan Border:
A belt of 10 miles along Indo-Pakistan border except the highway to India via Wagah check post or any other authorized check post.
- Main Channel and PIDC Channel North of Nine Green Buoy but excluding Yari Creek.
- Pak Afghan Border
A belt of 10 miles all along Pak-Afghan border, except Wakhan (Afghanistan) where it should be 30 miles, along the district of Chitral from the border.
- Tribal Areas
- Kurram Agency
- North and South Waziristan
- Areas known as Bajour, Kot and Agra in Malakand Division.
- Nagdara and Usheri Darra in Dir District.
- Mohmand Agency (except Warsak Dam and Power House)
- Khyber Agency (except Peshawar-Torkham Road)
- Tribal Areas attached to Kohat District and Dara Adam Khel including Gun Factories except Peshawar-Kohat Road.
- Special Areas attached to Bannu and D.I. Khan District.
- Pakistan China Border:
- A belt of 10 miles all along the border.
- Protected areas Tehsil Kahuta, District Rawalpindi.